SELECTED EXHIBITIONS & GROUP SHOWS
- The Holiday Show, The Potters Studio, 1221 Eighth St. Berkeley, CA 94710
- Annual Fundraiser, Gallery Aferro, 73 Market St. Newark, NJ
- Massachusetts Audubon Society Art Show, Habitat Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, 10 Juniper Road Blemont, MA
- Standing Rock, Rogue Space Chelsea, 508 W 26th St New York, NY
- Salon Show, Greenpoint Gallery, 390 McGuinness Blvd Brooklyn, NY
- 2nd Anniversary Show, Raven Gallery, 304 Newark Ave # 1W, Jersey City, NJ
- Carrier Pigeon Volume 4 Issue 2 Group Exhibition, Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave New York, NY
- Freak Show, Raven Gallery, 304 Newark Ave # 1W, Jersey City, NJ
- Braddock Park Art Festival Exhibition, Secaucus Public Library and Business Resource Center, 1379 Paterson Plank Rd, Secaucus, NJ
- Equus and Such, Mehu Gallery 21 West 100th Street New York, NY
- Dialogues in Printmaking, Art Cologne Art Fair Messepl. 1, 50679 Köln, Germany
- International Edition Art Fair, Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel & Harbor City 3 Canton Road, Harbour City, Hong Kong
- Animals in Art, Mehu Gallery 21 West 100th Street New York, NY
- Made Here Show, Guttenberg Arts, 6903 Jackson St. Guttenberg, NJ
- The Nature of Origins, Rochester Institute of Technology NTID Dyer Arts Center, 52 Lomb Memorial Drive Rochester, NY
- Fiber Installation, Pop-Up Retail Store, Spring Street, NYC
- Honors Exhibition Rochester Institute of Technology, 73 Lomb Memorial Dr Rochester, NY
- Creative Achievement Scholarship Show, California College of Art North South Gallery 5212 Broadway Oakland , CA
- Minds in Progress, 2 person Show California College of Art North South Gallery Oakland, CA
- The Turning Point, Public Art Installation By Alex Nolan, California College of Art Campus Oakland, CA
- Carrier Pigeon Illustrated Fiction and Fine Art, Volume 4 Issue 2, Featured Artist Portfolio
2014 - 2017 Ceramic Studio Manager, Guttenberg Arts, Guttenberg, NJ www.guttenbergarts.org
Guttenberg Arts is dedicated to increasing opportunities for artists that encourage artistic evolution while creating cultural experiences for the community that promote creative thinking. Since 2014, we have promoted the visual arts through providing practicing artists with the space and time to develop their work, engage with the public, and expand their community.
- Ceramic Studio Manager provides creative, technical, and material support to resident artists.
- Fire kilns both electric and gas with a group schedule in mind.
- Execute ceramic demonstrations and community based workshops in areas such as wheel throwing, hand building, use of slab roller, extruder, texture tool, and glaze techniques.
- Maintain clean, efficient and safe use of ceramic studio areas and equipment.
- Implemented systems for studio renters, payed firing, fundraisers, and marketing strategies.
- Work with outside galleries to promote the work being done at Guttenberg Arts.
2010 - Present Founder and Lead Educator, Art to Heart, Bergen County, NJ www.art2heart.me
Art to Heart is independently owned and operated business thats provides hands on after school fine art education for K-12 school children. Art to Heart offers a wide variety of innovative, interactive lessons designed to inspire and instill a deep appreciation for the fine and applied arts. It is my personal goal to cultivate creativity, critical thinking, and positive experiences for every child that enters an art2heart classroom.
- Teach painting, drawing, cartoon illustration, ceramics, printmaking, fashion design, origami, and creative play.
- Solicit new clients and maintain strong long lasting partnerships.
- Hire and train new educators in company curriculum and school policies.
- Source the highest quality, non-toxic art materials with a cost effective budget.
- Writing curriculum that combines fundamental cognitive skills with fun, engaging lesson plans
2011 Curriculum Development The HobbyQuest, Englewood, NJ http://hobbyquest.com/fashion-quest.html
The HobbyQuest specializes in after school enrichment programs for children ages K-8th grade. My Fashion Program curriculum was purchased by the Hobby Quest in March of 2011. The curriculum is currently offered in both public and private schools in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut area as well as other community facilities (JCC, YMCA, local community centers).
- Develop curriculum in the field of fashion, and fashion illustration.
- Train teachers to effectively execute the written curriculum in a classroom setting.
- Reinforcing classroom management skills, proper use of tools, and materials
- Gathering teacher feedback, and presenting progress reports to upper management.
2009-2011 Private Art Teacher, NYC/ Englewood, NJ/ Tenafly, NJ
- Teaching Drawing Fundamentals for Sculpture, Ceramics, and Sculpture
- Teaching students of all ages curriculum based on skill, development, and personal inspiration.
- Develop curriculum with a focus on art history as the context in which students can appreciate art and apply what they learn creating connections between history and practice.
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental drawing and sculpture techniques using materials such as charcoal, ink, clay, adhesives, finishes, patinas and sealants.
2006 - 2008 Orthotic and Prosthetic Fabricator, The OrthoRemedy, Cliffside Park, NJ http://www.orthoremedy.com
The Ortho Remedy provides patients with the highest quality custom-fabricated prosthetic and orthotic devices as well as a physical therapy rehabilitation.
- Creating plaster models of residual patient limbs for Endoflex prosthesis
- Vacuum casting in thermo plastics
- Machine work
- Prosthetic and orthodic repairs
- Patient care and evaluations
2003 - 2006 Administrative Assistant for the School of Art, Craft and design Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- Supporting 4 department heads in office.
- Give art department studio tours by appointment.
- Data entry, emails, spread sheets, answered phones, scheduled meetings, drafted memos and correspondence.
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2017- Ceramic Hand Building Classes, Braddock Park Art Center, North Bergen, NJ
2016- Ceramic Workshops, Guttenberg Arts, Guttenberg, NJ
2015- K-12 Certified, Teacher of Art
2014- Clay Club, Fort Lee Community Center, Fort Lee, NJ
2013 - Ceramic Hand Building and Drawing Classes, JCC, Tenafly, NJ
2006 - Drawing for Sculpture, RIT, School for American Craft, Rochester, NY
2006 - Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
School for American Craft, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ceramics / Sculpture / Minor in Anthropology and Sociology
2003 - California College of Art, San Francisco, CA
2002 - Sculpture Department